Diane Bruessow, PA-C, MPAS, DFAAPA
Hormone Therapy, Deferral of Puberty, Consultations, Second Letters, Pre-op Evaluations, Surgical Aftercare. Serving transgender and gender diverse patients across the lifespan.
House Calls in the Metro NY area & office hours are by appointment.
Diane Bruessow has over 20 years experience practicing medicine in New York and New Jersey. She's been working with the trans and gender diverse communities since 2000. Due to her involvement in the trans community she began to see a gap in the care being offered.
- Time was a commodity not being spent with people that needed it. With medical care being driven into smaller and smaller time slots, patients were not receiving the attention they deserve.
- There just weren't enough knowledgeable healthcare providers willing to care for the trans adolescents. While adolescents and pre-adolescents in need of healthcare increased, the resources to meet that need were not expanding to fill that need.
These two driving forces propelled PA Bruessow to search out a medical partnership that addressed both issues, which she did. She has been partnering with Healthy Transitions since 2012 and Healthy Transitions is only improved by her skill and care.
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) - Voting member
- GLMA: Health Professionals Advancing LGBT Equality - former board member
- New Jersey State Society of PAs - former Vice President
- LBGT PA Caucus of the American Academy of PAs – Past President
- New York State Society of PAs - Fellow
- American Academy of PAs - Distinguished Fellow
- LGBT Health Policy Priorities for 2013 11.19.12
- Exploring Sex and Gender 09.03.12
- National LGBT Health Awareness Week 2012 04.09.12
- LGBT Health 2011 01.23.12
- 7th Edition of the Standards of Care for Transhealth Now Available 11.31.11
- Keeping up with LGBT health: Why it matters to your patients 03.03.11
SELECTED PEER REVIEW PUBLICATIONS
- Burkhalter JE, Margolies L, Sigurdsson HO, Walland J, Radix A, Rice D, Bucht FO, Sanchez NF, Bare MG, Boehmer U, Cahill S, Griebling TL, Bruessow DM, and Maingi S: The National LGBT Cancer Action Plan: A White Paper of the 2014 National Summit on Cancer in the LGBT Communities. LGBT Health. January 2016, 3(1): 19-31. doi:10.1089/lgbt.2015.0118.
Speaker on Trans Health
- American Cancer Society/Webinar for all US employees
- Callen-Lorde LGBT Community Health Center
- NYC LGBT Community Center
- Trans Health Conference/Philadelphia
- Pride Center of Western New York
- Long Island Trans Experience
- Doctor Radio/Sirius XM
- Medical Library Association/Twitter Chat
- National and state medical education conferences
- Schools of Medicine and PA programs
Trans Health Expert Participant
LGBT Best and Promising Practices Throughout the Cancer Continuum, Fort Lauderdale, FL. 2015.
National LGBT Cancer Action Plan Summit. New York, NY. January 16-17, 2014.
Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Data Collection in Electronic Health Records: A Workshop. Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC, October 12, 2012. Workshop proceedings published by the National Academies Press, Collecting Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Data in Electronic Health Records: Workshop Summary.
- Objective Review Committee. 2012. Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Rockville, MD.